Buy Avira AntiVir MailGate online
Download Avira AntiVir MailGate
Avira AntiVir MailGate
Antivirus for Unix mail servers
Everybody expects email to be available 24/7. When there's an interruption, business seems to come to a standstill.
Secure, reliable email is essential to keeping your company moving forward. Avira makes protection simple, with "set and forget" freedom that eliminates malware and viruses before they can reach your machines.
Worry-free email communication can be yours!
New insights into your organization's security
Recipient addresses can now be assigned to groups (using Active Directory or a plain text file) so that security statistics can be analyzed within organizational units or the company as a whole.
Reduced scanning time
MailGate can now verify recipient addresses against the Active Directory database so that only legitimate email addresses are processed.
More ways to stay informed
Administrators can now configure the system to send SNMP traps on security-related alerts.
Convenient quarantine management
Easily list, view, count, delete, reprocess or deliver quarantined emails.
Protection from harmful encrypted emails
Unscannable encrypted emails can now be individually handled by the administrator.
More uptime thanks to queue size control
Limits on the amount of queued mail can be set so that the SMTP process accepts or refuses connections according to predefined maximums.
Simplified installation and maintenance
MailGate is now also available as an RPM package.
A future-proof investment
MailGate stays on the cutting edge with full support of the IPv6 internet protocol.
- Integrated, cross-platform virus and malware protection
- Reliable, extremely powerful AntiVir technology with leading multi-award-winning detection performance
- Fast reaction to new dangers through an in-house malware research center
- Time-saving and therefore increased security through early outbreak detection
- Effective protection against spam attacks (optionally available)
- Extremely low administration costs through automated workflows and central management
- Intuitive operation without long, expensive training times
- All licenses incl. free updates, upgrades and Gold Support
High Investment Security
- Fast, resource-saving scanning technology which reduces the load on servers and networks existing systems can therefore be used for a longer time
- Transparent licensing designed to meet requirements without hidden costs
- Free platform change to new or alternative operating systems
- Scanning of all incoming and outgoing or internally sent emails in real-time.
- Recursive scanning of all email attachments, even of those in compressed form (archives).
- Automatic placing of unknown archive formats and infected or suspicious files in quarantine.
- Heuristic detection of macro viruses.
- Detection and configurable handling of encrypted emails NEW!
- Full IPv6 support NEW!
- Support of all conventional Linux distributions and MTAs such as Postfix, Exim and Sendmail.
- Extremely small, bandwidth-saving updates of virus definitions through incremental VDF update.
- Fast, seamless protection through updates without system interruption.
Efficient configuration and administration
- Individual system adaptation to company specifications.
- Central configuration, monitoring and control of the system through the Avira Management Console (AMC).
- Group-specific statistics and security reports NEW!
- Advanced Quarantine (AVQ) functionality to list, view, count, delete, reprocess or deliver quarantined emails NEW!
- Also available as an RPM package for simple, efficient installation and maintenance NEW!
- Ability to limit the amount of incoming and outgoing mail in the queue NEW!
- SNMP trapsto notify administrators of security issues NEW!
- Customizable notification options to alert the postmaster to security-related occurrences NEW!
- Recipient address authentication using Active Directory or a plain text file NEW!
- Add-on email address filter.
- Comprehensive protocol, statistics and report functions.
- Statistic information on scan activities of MailGate/MailGate Suite can be stored on a database and are available for reporting
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Server
- Novell Open Enterprise Server 10.2
- Novell Linux Desktop 9 (NLD 9)
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (SLES 11)
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 - 10.3 (SLES 10 SP2)
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 (SLES 9)
- Debian GNU/Linux 4
- Debian GNU/Linux 5
- Debian GNU/Linux 6
- Ubuntu Server Edition 8
- Ubuntu Server Edition 9
- Ubuntu Server Edition 10.4
- Ubuntu Server Edition 11
- Sun Solaris 9 (SPARC) *
- Sun Solaris 10 (SPARC)
- 512 MB
- 1280 MB for Sun Solaris
32 Bit or 64 Bit
1 GB (for unpacking archives)
Please note that support for older platforms will be phased out. Please see our Product Lifecycle page for details.
Use under 64 bit Linux:
Please use the required 32 bit libraries.
Administration through the AMC:
Please consider that the libstdc++so.5 is required for the AMC agent.