Buy Avira WebGate Suite online
Download Avira WebGate Suite
Avira WebGate Suite
Secure Internet communications and content filtering for Unix
Web communications are fundamental to every aspect of your business. Not only is internet access critical to your daily operations, your customers depend on your website for access to your products and services.
Adding Avira protection to your web server means that no malware can interfere with your productivity. Your company deserves an award-winning antivirus solution combined with innovative content filtering.
Easier pinpointing of vulnerabilities
Scan information is saved in a database to allow reporting what happened and when with the help of external reporting tools. Reports can be configured for groups or individual users.
More ways to stay informed
Administrators can now configure the system to send SNMP traps so they can respond as quickly as possible to security-related issues.
WebGate now allows persistent scanner connections and thread pools for incoming requests.
Improved compatibility for more effective protection
Support for ICAP (Internet Content Adaptation Protocol) includes URL content filtering when WebGate runs as an ICAP server.
- Detection and elimination of viruses and other malware
- Reliable, extremely powerful AntiVir technology with leading multi-award-winning detection performance
- Fast reaction to new dangers through an in-house malware research center
- Extremely low administration costs through automated workflows and central management
- Intuitive operation without long, expensive training times
- All licenses incl. free updates, upgrades and Gold Support
High Investment Security
- Fast, resource-saving scanning technology which reduces the load on servers and networks existing systems can therefore be used for a longer time
- Transparent licensing designed to meet requirements without hidden costs
- Free platform change to new or alternative operating systems
- SNMP traps on security-related issues
- Persistent scanner connections and thread pools for incoming requests
- Option to log all relevant security information into an ODBC database to generate individual reports and statistics
- Real-time monitoring of data traffic (incoming, outgoing) through an integrated on-access scanner.
- Monitoring of HTTP and FTP over HTTP connections.
- Full support of the FTP protocol in all network configurations.
- Support of the ICAP (Internet Content Adaptation Protocol) interface including URL content filtering when WebGate runs as ICAP server
- Content filtering for blocking specific websites and website categories.
- Customizable access control based on client IP address or destination port.
- Dynamic prevention of timeouts when downloading large files.
- Configurable scanning of all common archive formats with adjustable recursion depth.
- Quarantine management for secure isolation of infected and suspicious files.
- Low-cost combination with Avira AntiVir MailGate for complete protection of the electronic communication routes.
- Special process to detect and block phishing, spam, malware and fraudulent sites.
- Blacklisting and whitelisting of domains.
- Configurable trickling based on domains and file types.
- Extremely small, bandwidth-saving updates of virus definitions through incremental VDF update.
- Automatic update also via the Internet.
- Fast, seamless updates maximize protection without system interruption.
Efficient configuration and administration
- Remote configuration and administration from an intuitive graphical interface.
- Comprehensive notification and reporting functions.
- Adaptable templates for alerts and email notifications.
- Debian GNU/Linux 5.0
- Debian GNU/Linux 6.0
- Novell Suse Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 SP 2
- Novell Suse Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 10 SP 4
- Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 5.8
- Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 6.2
- Solaris 9 Sparc*
- Solaris 10 Sparc
- Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS
- Ubuntu Server 11.10
- Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS
Intel, AMD, 32-bit or 64-bit with 32-bit compatibility mode
- 512 MB
- 1280 MB for Sun Solaris
10 GB free hard drive memory (50 GB or more recommended)
1 GB (for unpacking archives)
Please note that support for older platforms will be phased out. Please see our Product Lifecycle page for details.
Use under 64 bit Linux:
Please use the required 32 bit libraries.