SafeNet ProtectDB Product Brief
Database Encryption and Protection
SafeNet ProtectDB software delivers powerful database encryption and database protection for the sensitive corporate and customer information stored in databases in the data center and the cloud. With ProtectDB, organizations have the flexibility to encrypt data at multiple levels and during multiple processes. Centralized key management provided with the integrated SafeNet DataSecure solution helps tighten security and simplifies the encryption of data in virtually any number of databases across heterogeneous environments often found in data centers or virtualized environments. Working together, ProtectDB with DataSecure help organizations attain the highest level of security available in a commercial database encryption solution.
ProtectDB helps to facilitate secure collaboration with comprehensive protection of the structured data. With ProtectDB, organizations gain the flexibility to encrypt data at the file, or column, level in databases, within the application layer, and during batch-driven data transformation and transaction processes.
Persistent database protection
By combining ProtectDB with DataSecure, organizations can ensure that encrypted data remains secure throughout its life cycle while enabling authorized users and processes to decrypt the record when needed. Lifecycle protection increases overall database security and facilitates collaboration by eliminating points of vulnerability outside the database.
Separation of duties
Most regulatory mandates require the separation of security administration from database administration to avoid the risks of "super-user" access. ProtectDB allows for "M of N" policies, which prevent any single administrator from making critical configuration changes without additional approvals of other administrators.
Centralized Crypto Management
SafeNet provides a centrally managed encryption system across the organization, covering a variety of web apps, app servers, DBs, file servers, storage & archive, and virtualized environments, offering a high trust key management system to manage all the keys used to encrypt the data.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- IBM DB2
Database Encryption Algorithms
- RSA (signatures and encryption)
- Microsoft Windows
- IBM z\OS
Features & Benefits
- Granular protection—Retain ownership of data throughout its life cycle with granular file- or column-level encryption.
- Centralized administration—Simplify security administration and control costs with centralized management of keys, policies, and configurations.
- Proven algorithms—Achieve the highest level of database security and database encryption by using proven cryptographic algorithms combined with strong identity and access policy protection.
- Controlled access—Ensure regulatory compliance and reduce risks by setting policies for separation of administrative duties.
- Growth enabled—Forge partnerships, expand your customer base, and pursue new business opportunities with the confidence that database information is persistently protected.
- Collaboration secured—Collaborate with business partners and integrate new vendors into the digital supply chain knowing that only authorized, authenticated users can view sensitive data.
- Productivity empowered—Encrypt information transparently, without disrupting business operations, database performance, or the end-user experience.
- Cloud-ready—Maximize performance and minimize latency with encryption done by ProtectDB in the cloud, and crypto and key caching done on-premise through DataSecure.