SafeNet ProtectFile Product Brief
File Encryption and Protection
SafeNet ProtectFile provides data security with fully automated file encryption of unstructured data contained in network drives and file servers.When an organization knows their confidential data is protected from both external and internal threats, they can focus on growth, gain knowledge through secured collaboration, and enjoy an increase in productivity.
ProtectFile is deployed in tandem with DataSecure, offering an unparalleled combination of broad coverage, robust security, and scalability. Managed through DataSecure, ProtectFile encrypts sensitive data in flat files such as documents, spreadsheets, and design drawing. Keys and policies are managed on the DataSecure appliance which boosts security and business productivity.
Transparent to Users
With ProtectFile, folder and file encryption is seamless and transparent, so there is no disruption to the business operations, performance, or the end user experience. Once a user has been successfully authenticated, ProtectFile is initiated automatically, applying policies without interfering with productivity.
ProtectFile enables the next generation of data protection by making security data-centric. As opposed to systems that secure a perimeter or device, ProtectFile secures the data itself, ensuring that data in files is protected throughout its entire life cycle - from inception to storage.
- Hard drives of network drives and servers
- File servers (Microsoft and Novell, Netware, Unix [Samba], more)
- Centralized key management and policy management
- Remote silent installation for easy deployment in any size environment
File Encryption Algorithms
- Microsoft Windows and Linux
Features & Benefits
- Data-centric protection - granular file encryption and folder level encryption throughout the data life cycle.
- Proven cryptographic algorithms - to encrypt all data files, temporary files, and authentication keys.
- Transparent Encryption - data files are transparently encrypted without disruption to the end user.
- Controlled Access - access policies can be defined and enforced with DataSecure and ProtectFile with separation of duties for compliance.
- Increased security - users are authenticated with strong identity protection separately from the administration of the access policies.
- Growth Enabled – when an organization is confident their sensitive data is secured with ProtectFile, they can focus on growing their business in today's dynamic environment.
- Collaboration Secured – by utilizing access policies, only authorized, authenticated users can view sensitive unstructured data, enabling collaboration with the next generation of security.
- Productivity Empowered – because encryption is transparent to the user, there is no disruption to business operations, performance, or the end user experience.