SafeNet ViewPIN+ Product Brief
Securing Web-Based PIN Issuance
SafeNet ViewPIN+ reduces operational costs, increases revenue, and saves resources for banks, credit card companies, and retail program membership card issuers. The first SafeNet ViewPIN+ customer is U.K.-based financial services provider Egg, a Citigroup company. Using SafeNet ViewPIN+, Egg eliminated paper-based PIN issuance, saving countless resource hours and dollars annually.
Increase Customer Satisfaction
With SafeNet’s easy-to-use ViewPIN+, cardholders can instantly retrieve their PIN through the card issuer’s Web site via computer or mobile device. Customers are able to use their cards immediately, providing the card issuer with an advantage over competitors.
Fraud Prevention through Better Security
Using SafeNet ViewPIN+ to deliver PINs over the Internet far surpasses paper-based PIN mailers or voice-based interactive systems. The encryption technology behind SafeNet’s ViewPIN+ is trusted by the world’s largest banks and government defense departments as well as Fortune 1000 companies. Sophisticated fraudsters have developed systems for identifying, intercepting, and stealing PIN mailers, while current online systems, such as interactive voice response (IVR), cannot be fully secured.
SafeNet ViewPIN+ is an eco-friendly alternative to sending PINs through the mail. Moving the PIN issuance process from paper to digital saves trees, reduces waste, and lowers energy consumption.
Performance and Scalability
- Services up to 2 million PIN requests per day
- Supports load balancing
- Running on fastest HSMs in the market
- SafeNet Luna SP
- Hardware-secured accelerated SSL
- Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, iPhone
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3
- APACS guidelines
- ISO 9002 certification
- 2x10/100 Ethernet
Secure Integration & Administration
- Secure remote administration
- Hardware-secured RSA and 3DES/AES crypto keys
- Strongest cryptographic algorithm
Features & Benefits
- Web-based PIN issuance system
- Runs on fastest HSMs on the market
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification (in process)
- Reduces operational overhead – lower printing, postage, and labor costs
- Immediate PIN Usage – customers do not need to wait to receive their PIN through traditional mail methods
- Prevents Fraud: delivering PINs over the Internet is more secure than paper-based PIN mailers or voice-based interactive systems for securing PIN issuance
- Good for the Environment: SafeNet ViewPIN+ is an environmentally responsible option to printing PINs on paper.