SafeNet Authentication Manager Product Brief
SafeNet Authentication Manager
SafeNet Authentication Manager provides organizations with a comprehensive platform to manage the full authentication life cycle across the enterprise and extend strong authentication to the cloud using a single, integrated system.
Offering extensive management capabilities for SafeNet’s entire range of OTP, certificate-based and software authentication solutions, context-based authentication and step-up authentication, SafeNet Authentication Manager enables organizations to address their current and evolving secure access needs.
Context-based Authentication for Optimal Convenience
SafeNet Authentication Manager’s context-based authentication capabilities allow organizations to achieve convenient, cost-effective secure remote access with unobtrusive strong authentication, while maintaining the flexibility and agility to add protection with stronger methods of security when required.
With its “step-up” authentication capabilities, SafeNet Authentication Manager makes it easier for users by requiring an additional authentication factor only if they don’t meet pre-defined policy rules determined by IT administrators.
Extend Strong Authentication to Cloud Computing
Increasingly, more corporate applications are migrating to cloud computing environments and using SaaS based applications, necessitating a flexible and extensible strong authentication solution ensuring that corporate data and applications remain secure while also enabling easy user access to these cloud-based services.
SafeNet Authentication Manager addresses this challenge by providing a seamless, consistent strong authentication and SSO experience for enterprise users who need to securely access Office 365 and SaaS applications, such as GoogleApps and SalesForce.com (SFDC).
Strong Authentication and Credential Management for Mobile Devices
Employees are increasingly using non-IT sanctioned consumer devices to gain access to sensitive corporate and customer data. IT departments are struggling to enforce security policies on these devices exposing businesses to serious security vulnerabilities in the form of data breaches and unauthorized access.
SafeNet Authentication Manager addresses this challenge by offering credential life cycle management and over-the-air certificate provisioning for mobile devices, ensuring that only authenticated users with a trusted device can access corporate information and applications. With SafeNet Authentication Manager, organizations have the tools to authenticate users via a private trusted certificate that is stored on the device, ensuring that employees can safely access corporate resources with either their personal device or those issued by the enterprise.
Supported SafeNet Authenticators
- eToken PRO
- SafeNet eToken 5100
- SafeNet eToken 5200
- eToken PRO Anywhere
- eToken PRO Smart card
- SafeNet eToken 4100
- eToken NG-FLASH
- eToken NG-OTP
- eToken PASS
- SafeNet eToken 3400
- SafeNet eToken 3500
- eToken Virtual
Supported Operating Systems
SAM Server and Management: Windows Server 2003 / R2, Windows Server 2008 / R2 (32 and 64 bit)
Client: Windows XP, Windows, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003/R2, Windows Server 2008/R2 (32 and 64 bit)
User repositories: Microsoft Active Directory:
Production Domain, ADAM
MS Microsoft SQL Server
Features & Benefits
- Support for step-up authentication
- Supported authentication methods:
- Context-based authentication
- OTP software
- OTP hardware
- Certificate-based hardware and software
- Secure remote access for:
- SaaS applications via support for SAML
- Office 365
iOS devices accessing network resources
OWA and Web-based portals
- Citrix solutions
- VDI solutions
Local network logon
Support for OTP and certificate-based local network access in connected and off-line mode
- Comprehensive Management Capabilities:
- Separation of duties and role-based authorization
- Cross-domain management plus multi-forest Active Directory support
- Credential provisioning and management for iOS devices
- Automatic user provisioning for SaaS applications
- Self-service portals that allow user self-enrollment and token management
- Authenticator assignment, enrollment, and update
- Achieve granular control with context-based authentication:
SafeNet Authentication Manager leverages configurable policy rules to offer granular control over the level of authentication required each time a user logs on to an online resource.
- Extend secure access to cloud environments: Secure access, single-sign on, and automatic user provisioning for Office 365 and SaaS applications from a single authentication back-end.
- Extend secure access to mobile endpoints: Credential provisioning and authentication management for iOS devices ensures that only employees with trusted devices can access corporate resources.
- Address different risk levels: Complete support for OTP, certificate-based authentication, transaction signing, software, and out-of-band, as well as advanced security applications, in a single system allows organizations to address numerous risk profiles.
- Flexibility to grow: Evolve your authentication infrastructure to include OTP and CBA solutions, as well as advanced security applications
- Improve Productivity: Reduce the workload of IT staff with an integrated IT infrastructure, automated processes, and intuitive self-service tools.
- Reduce support costs: Automated processes, over-the air activation and installation for software tokens, and intuitive self-service tools ensure extensive support for end users and lower helpdesk costs.
- Maintain compliancy : Comprehensive auditing and reporting features enable compliance with privacy regulations.