SafeNet MobilePASS Product Brief
Software-generated one-time passwords for convenient and secure two–factor authentication
SafeNet’s MobilePASS family of one-time password (OTP) software authentication solutions combines the security of proven two-factor strong authentication with the convenience, simplicity, and ease of use of OTPs generated on personal mobile devices or PCs. By turning a mobile phone into a two-factor authentication device, organizations save significantly on hardware and deployment costs, while users benefit by not having to carry an additional hardware token around with them.
Powerful protection and access control for remote and local network access
Compatible with the broadest range of mobile clients, MobilePASS provides powerful identity protection and convenient access control for remote access systems, such as VPNs, Citrix applications, Cloud applications, Outlook Web Access, and Web portals. It also offers strong authentication for secure local network access.
Superior deployment and management
Offering automatic one-step installation and policy-based activation, which determines the token configuration, MobilePASS significantly reduces deployment complexities, IT administration overhead, and cost when implementing strong authentication for thousands of users. Web-based self-service portals offer 24x7 support for users, further reducing helpdesk calls and overall TCO.
Sophisticated security capabilities, including standards-based activation and dynamic seeding, allow organizations to optimize the balance between ease-of-use and TCO without compromising on security. In addition, central management of MobilePASS alongside other SafeNet authentication solutions enables organizations to adopt a layered approach to security by deploying different authentication devices and methods for different groups of users.
Features & Benefits
Configurable Token with Policy-based Activation
- Time-sync and Event-based OTP
- Challenge response
- Configurable PIN and token policy
- Multi-domain support – use the same token to access several applications
Easy to Manage Deployment Model
- Automatic one-step installation and activation – no need to activate on an external Web portal
- Policy-based activation determines token configuration
- BES one-click installation and activation
- Highly secure standards-based activation
- Dynamic re-seeding means organizations control their own seed data
- Enables organizations to implement a layered security approach for different risk profiles
- PIN protection
- Automated deployment and activation reduces IT administration and simplifies installation for end users
- Streamlined management enables centralized and automated administration, provisioning, deployment, and revocation
- Superior software security mechanisms enable organizations to optimize the balance between TCO and security
- Convenient, simple, and easy to use for employees and customers
- Complements SafeNet’s broad range of OTP and certificate-based authentication solutions, allowing organizations to tailor security to use cases and risk levels
- Ensures compliance with local and international regulations
- Mobile: iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, Windows Mobile, Java 2ME, Android, OOB (via SMS)
- PC: Windows, Mac OS
Management Platforms: MobilePASS requires either SafeNet Authentication Manager or SafeWord 2008