SEPPmail - Applications and Benefits
Secure e-mail – more necessary than ever
The electronic dispatch of confidential information is an area that is subject to continuous and significant change. It is becoming ever more important to protect electronic messages, to verify the sender's authenticity, and to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the message content.
Both legal frameworks and increased sensitivity to the dangers in connection with electronic data transfer have led companies to increase their efforts to protect their e-mail correspondence.
- Professionals regularly entrusted with confidential information, such as medical practitioners, lawyers and financial service providers, are bound by law to secure their e-mail communication.
- Whether SME or international corporation: companies from all industries are aware of their responsibilities and are increasing their efforts to protect data and information – and thus their company – in the area of e-mail communication.
- Secure e-mail systems for communication with authorities is being established in numerous countries. The secured "electronic letter" is an important component within an overall eGovernment strategy.
- Associations and organizations are increasingly seeing it as their duty to support and protect their members by providing a secure e-mail solution.
Simple, fast, secure
It has been technically possible to encrypt and integrate signatures into electronic messages for several years. However, solutions to date have proved to be expensive, cumbersome and complicated – for instance, by requiring specific software to be installed on each client PC.
Thanks to SEPPmail, these obstacles now belong to the past. Sending and receiving encrypted and signed e-mails now takes place in a standard e-mail environment. Within this solution, the SEPPmail secure e-mail appliance installed at the gateway performs all tasks without any need for user input. Simpler, faster and more secure than ever.
Simple principle – smart solution
Step by step towards secure e-mail transmission
- You send your "confidential" marked e-mails as usual using your standard mail program (e.g. Microsoft Outlook).
- SEPPmail automatically encrypts the e-mail in the background.
- SEPPmail generates a password that is sent back to you via a separate channel (e.g. by telephone or SMS).
- After opening the e-mail, the recipient is prompted to enter the password.
- After the password is entered and subsequently decrypted, the e-mail is shown in its decrypted form.
- The recipient can draft and send a secure e-mail reply in their familiar messaging environment.